The College of Applied Science and Technology has a new policy that all Apple devices must be enrolled with the universities device management solution called JAMF. If you are interested in learning more about JAMF, you can find that here
To begin the enrollment process, go to jamf.ilstu.edu/enroll and make sure to select “CAST-IT” as your site. You do not need to worry about filling in the user section.
MacBooks and iMacs
- You will be led through prompts to install the profile beginning with the “CA Certificate” and then the “MDM Profile”.
- As you go through the prompts, please be sure to select CAST-IT for the support unit. At the end, you will see a screen saying, “The enrollment process is complete”.
- Upon enrollment, an app called “Self Service” will install which will contain apps and tools provided by ISU similar to the Apple App Store.
- You should see a similar set of screens. If prompted, please be sure to select CAST-IT for the support unit. At the end, you will see a screen saying, “The enrollment process is complete”.
- During the process, you may need to switch to the “Settings” app to install the downloaded profile. You will also need to enter a password if your device does not already have one after the enrollment is complete.
Note: If you see an error message saying, “Your iPad is not activated”, you may need to sign into the iPad with your iCloud account and restart it in order to activate it before retrying.
Compliance with enrollment will be monitored. Issues with enrollment can be reported to CAST-IT through email@example.com